Sunday, May 23, 2010

progress??

As I've written here on my blog, I've been working really hard on getting my blood sugar under really tight control to get my body ready to carry a little one for nine months!  While I've made a lot of progress with my blood sugar, my weight has gotten totally out of control (or at least it feels that way to me).  I've gained about 10 lbs. as I've gotten under tighter control, and on a 5'3" frame, it makes a big difference in how I feel about myself.

I'm not helpless in this situation, and there is a lot I could do to fight my weight that I am not currently doing, but it still feels like such a constant struggle.  I'm trying to be healthier by getting my BS under control, but by achieving this goal, it's made managing my weight seem impossible.  It's also making me feel horribly unhealthy.  While I'm not eating that much, I'm not necessarily eating the best food, and I know I need to change that if I am going to get a handle on this weight issue.  

I also need to exercise more consistently.  If you've been following my blog, you know I've struggled with finding an exercise program that works for me.  While I haven't been as committed as I would like to my walking, I've been doing OK, and am going to try to step it up even more.

I still so badly want to put myself in the best position possible to have a healthy pregnancy, and I think that even if I don't get it 100% right, it's still important to keep trying.  Because soon (hopefully), it won't be just me that I'm taking care of, but it will be Baby B. too!  

As I'm about half way through the three month waiting period to see if I can get a second A1C at or under 6.0, I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed that I haven't made as much progress as I would have wanted in this time.  But, there's still time to make healthier changes, and every small change is a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Annie, thanks for leaving a comment - I lost my blogroll when I switched domains - I've got ya back now :) An a1c <6% is beyond awesome. And the weight/bg control? I'm hearing you loud and clear. You're going to have one lucky baby in the long run - a mama who's committed to giving him/her the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! The weight issue is such a pain to be honest. I am struggeling, but more with the motivation of doing anything. I find once I am in a nice exercise routine it is easy, but it is much easier to fall out of that routine unfortunately! Good luck with getting the A1c down. I fell pregnant at about 6.5, but went down to 5.6 during my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete