Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby B's world

We went this morning for our down syndrome screening test, which meant that we got to see Baby B. on the ultrasound again! Our little one was really funny and wouldn’t hold still for the tech to get the right pictures. Every time she went to take the image, the baby would wiggle around and go somewhere else. Then the baby must have worn itself out as after that (s)he remained in one place and wouldn’t move at all no matter what we did. By that time, the tech needed the baby to move, so all in all, Baby B. was pretty uncooperative, but I loved it because that meant we got to watch longer while the tech tried to get all the right shots.

All of the thoughts I had during the ultrasound were so interesting. At first I felt like a bad mom, like I couldn’t get my baby to listen to directions and get it to do what it was supposed to do. I know—crazy! Then, I just sat back and enjoyed the show, laughing every time the baby swam away from the position it was in. I wondered what this little glimpse into the baby’s world meant for his/her future. Is Baby B. going to be playful, rambunctious, comical, naughty (in a cute way, of course!)?

The feeling after I have an ultrasound is one of such pure joy and peace. It’s hard to concentrate at work and not just daydream about what is going on all day with the baby. It’s so interesting to see Baby B.’s world, I wish I could peak in more often. Just watching the way (s)he moves could keep me entertained all day!

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet Annie. I love it. I am sure you will get to see more of her soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours did the SAME thing for the first trimester screening ultrasound! How funny! What is it about that particular ultrasound that makes them so active? She would twist and squirm one minute and then, of course, end up in the wrong position. Then tech had to jab at her (and me) with the ultrasound wand just to get her to turn back around. So cute!

    Yay for getting to see your little one! There's nothing like it and the high lasts all day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, that is so aweseome that we are at almost the exact same stage in our pregnancies! I am due March 10th! :) I've only had one ultrasound and it was at 7 weeks, so it was basically just a little blob and a yolk sac. I can't wait to get another ultrasound where it will actually look like a baby. I know what you mean about not being able to think about anything else except the baby, it seems to consume all my thoughts. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete