Thursday, August 5, 2010

Calm before the storm

I must say that so far, being pregnant has made my numbers ridiculously stable. I tend to coast through the day in the 80’s, 90’s and low 100’s without much effort. Although I wake up low every morning, and lowering my basal still hasn’t helped with that, that morning low has been the only misbehaved number most days. I know this extremely stable roll that I’m on is going to come to a screeching halt once I get through the first trimester, but for now, I’m really enjoying it! It’s almost like if you took away my pump, the carb counting and my 10-12 tests a day, I don’t have diabetes anymore. ;)

Even my endo can’t believe how well controlled my numbers are. I’m actually pretty sure he thinks I’m faking my log books, but for once, I don’t have to… not that I ever have.  Who would do such a thing?!?

Given all the “morning” sickness I’ve had to deal with, I feel very lucky that somehow that has not affected my numbers. I’m not sure why I’m not going low more often, but I’ll take what I can get! I have heard of the infamous 1st trimester lows, which I feel lucky to have avoided so far, but I’ve read that those don’t start for some people until week nine or so, so I could be eating my words next week. Time will tell, but right now I'm enjoying my ride on easy street.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awesome control! Gotta love those first trimester sugars. Mine are lingering but I'm dreading the day they start to creep up!

    Thankfully, true morning sickness was not something I had to deal with. I was worried, though about what I would do if I did. How could I treat lows if I couldn't hold anything down? What do I do if I bolused but threw up my meal 30 minutes later? So, I'm really glad to hear that your numbers have been ok despite the nausea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the smooth ride so far!!! :) Now Annie, are we going to see a ticker sometime soon? :)

    ReplyDelete