Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A lime!

Every Monday I eagerly check my What to Expect When You’re Expecting iPhone app (highly recommend!), which tells you what size your growing baby is in comparison to a fruit or veggie. So far, the items of comparison have been pretty small—sweet pea, blueberry, grape, etc. But yesterday, it told me that Baby B. is as big as a lime! For some reason, this one made an impact. I can’t believe how quickly this child is growing already.

It’s so incredible to think about what is going on inside my body every second of each day, especially after seeing Baby B. during the second ultrasound.  Sometimes in the day to day grind, I forget the monumental changes that are going on inside.  I’ve been feeling really tired the past few days, and my husband thinks that must mean the baby is growing a lot on days when I am so tired. Maybe he’s right, after all, a lime is pretty big!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo fantastic. I am sure you love that lime more than anything. ;) I love hearing about your progress... keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears at my desk! i can't believe baby B is that big! almost the size of a slider :) blow that baby a kiss for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fruit analogies. Brilliant. And boy do they grow so quickly!! Any chance of a ticker to keep us up to speed? Keep up that lovely growing business... I'm certain you're doing an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete