Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 16 Update

Well, I’m officially 16 weeks and Baby B is the size of a turnip according to my What to Expect When You’re Expecting iPhone App. I can’t believe how quickly time is going now compared with how slowly it dragged in the beginning of the pregnancy. September has gone by in a flash, and when I look ahead at the calendar, the next few months will be a whirlwind too. I love it when the calendar is full, because it is a sure sign that time will go quickly!

This past weekend I went shopping for maternity clothes with my mom, and it was so much fun trying on clothes with the fake baby bumps that the stores have. Now I know what I’ll look like at 7 months pregnant—I mean, the only change your body goes through is that one concentrated bump on your tummy, right?!? I also must say I already LOVE maternity jeans. Not only are they cute, but also extra comfy (again, I say that now at 4 moths, we’ll see if I’m singing a different tune at 8 months).

I can’t wait for our anatomy scan next week, it seems like it’s been a while since we’ve seen Baby B on the screen. The big question that everyone has been asking has been whether or not we’ll find out if it’s a boy or a girl, and the answer is………. we’re still not sure. I want to keep it a surprise, but my husband wants to find out. We have to decide before our appointment next week, so stay tuned for that.

On the diabetes front, my blood sugar has been really stable. I’m so glad things have calmed down with my blood sugars, because the lows were really difficult to deal with, especially with all of the sickness that I had in my first trimester. The worst of the “morning” sickness seems to be over, although I still get wave of it every few days. I’m preparing myself for the rise in blood sugars that will likely happen in the coming weeks, but for now, am enjoying the calm. The biggest pregnancy symptom that I’m battling now is the horror show that has become my face. The acne is horrible, but I’m now trying to combat it with Witch Hazel, so we’ll see how that goes (thanks to the ladies on the Bump iPhone app who have suggested it!).

I’m really looking forward to the next month because I’m hoping to be able to feel Baby B move soon. I’ve been feeling something going on in there, but not sure if it’s the baby or what, so I can’t wait until I can feel a good swift kick :)

3 comments:

  1. I've had the same problem with the acne. It's awful! I reached the 16 week mark last Thursday and I'm on the lookout for movement too. I hope we both get a good swift kick soon! :) Good luck at your next appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the maternity jeans! :-) Good luck with your scan next week. I remember 16 weeks was a nice place to be, I had JUST started to feel movement, my sugars were wonderful and my symptoms were very few and far between! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me so happy with this entry!! I'm sure that what you are feeling is the baby moving. I've heard that with the second pregnancy you know what it is earlier. You and your husband are like me and Adam with finding out the sex... I don't want to know and he does... Hopefully we will be able to have that debate one of these days. Take care of yourself, and enjoy these nice days without too many symptoms!

    ReplyDelete