Tuesday, March 23, 2010

basal testing - no go

Two nights now I've tried to do my overnight basal testing, and couldn't do it on either one because of highs or lows.  Last night was horrible--went from the 200's+, then got sick to my stomach (not sure why, but it's been happening a lot at night), then down to 44, then up to 300+.  What a restful night was!  Felt horrible all day today too.

Then tonight, I keep going low!

This is why I hate basal testing... by the time I actually get to the test, I'm exhausted, and that's before I have to wake up all night to test!

Will try again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. The upset stomach could be caused by the high blood sugars. I know that when I get into the 300 range and am spilling ketones, I am pretty nauseated.

    Sounds like you are doing everything you can - I hope you get it figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete