Sunday, March 28, 2010

next goal... exercise

I still haven't had much luck with basal testing. I am often eating late which makes it hard to do the test. I tried to eat early (for me) tonight, and will see what I get tonight. My blood sugar control has been pretty good the past few weeks, although I still have some unexplained highs late in the late afternoon/early morning. I am going to a new endo on Friday (more on that later), and would really like to have all my basal tests done before then so he can look at them, so I will try this week.

Anyway, with my BS under pretty good control, my new focus is on exercise. I really want to lose weight before we start TTC, and even though I haven't been eating that much, it seems that as I get tighter and tighter control of my BS, it's impossible to lose any weight. I know that exercise in the answer, so this week, I'm hoping to incorporate an exercise routine.

Just as I've now make testing 8x/day part of my daily routine, I need to find ways to make it easier to exercise, or rather, more difficult to make excuses to not exercise. I've found that small changes have made it easier for me to test more often (such as leaving my tester on top of my desk rather than in my purse and under my desk), so I need to set myself for success with exercise too.

So, here's the new plan:

• Go to sleep by 11pm (NOT get in bed at 11pm)
• Wake up at 6:45am
• Work out from 7-7:45am
• Get on with the day!

My husband also wants to start working out more, so we're going to try to do it together. He's going to be my new trainer (now I just have to listed to what he says)!

No comments:

Post a Comment