Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hello from Rome!

I just wanted to say a quick hello from Rome! We just did a quick bus tour which gave us a good overview of the city. We are excited to do the Vatican tomorrow, it was really impressive even from the bus.

Venice was great, we really liked it there as a city on water is like nothing we've seen before. I loved all the flower boxes in the windows and got a real kick out of the pubic transportation system being on water.

I enjoyed Florence too, although my favorite part of our stay there was our day trip in the Tuscan countryside to a couple of wineries and lunch at an olive oil farm. The countryside was absolutely stunning!

My husband is doing a greet job navigating the cities and we feel like we're seeing a lot! So far, all on the diabetes front has been pretty good-I have been low a fair amount, but I'm pretty sure that is due to all the waking we've been doing.

Ok, well, we're off to do some night walking in Rome. It's supposed to be a great time to see the city. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds totally dreamy!! :) Hope you're taking lots of lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!! I love Italia!

    ReplyDelete