Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here we go!

We’re back from Italy, and I will post some pics soon, but I’m getting extremely excited because now that I’ve been off BC for a few months (and have the skin to prove it), taking prenatals, and now that my husband has finally started work after just graduating from business school, we are ready to officially start TTC! I have another endo appointment on July 16th to get my A1C tested again, but with the tight control I’ve had over the last nine months or so, I’m confident that my body is up for the challenge. I’ve also cheated by taking one of the at home A1C tests, and it was right on target (those at home tests are such a wonderful diabetes innovation!).

I know it sounds extremely bratty, but with all the work that I’ve already done for this pregnancy, I feel like I deserve to get pregnant quickly (all I can hear is Veruca from Willy Wonka… I want the golden goose, and I want it now). I feel like I’ve earned it, and I honestly don’t know how well I’ll handle it if it takes a long time. On top of the emotional strain it would cause, I am also scared that I’m going get burnt out from the extremely tight control I’ve had over my numbers if I have to keep it up for a long time before I even get pregnant. Even though I’m not pregnant yet, it feels like I’ve already been living with this pregnancy for a long time.

I know its common even for “normal/healthy” couples to take up to a year to get pregnant, but I’m just praying that it won’t take that long. This is such an exciting time for us, and I can’t wait for this “pre-pregnancy phase” to be over with!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're in such an amazing place to start trying! I was in the exact same boat and though it took us 7 months to get pregnant, the second I found out that I had "boarded the baby train," my motivation to take even better care of myself was intense and really kept me going. Loads of luck! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you reading my mind? :) My hubby and I are in the exact same position. I actually just got approval last Friday. so every excited. Just the other day I was talking about how i already feel as though i have been pregnant for the past 6 months because my behaviours have had to be as thought i was. One of my biggest fears is infertility or it just taking too long. I too feel as though because i have worked so hard it is only fair that i get pregnant right away.
    Good luck to you! I will be reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so excited for you! We got "official approval" last Wednesday, so the trying may start within the next month or so! I have the same thoughts as you....you deserve a quick road to pregnancy and I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's FANTASTIC :) Congrats on hubby graduating, too. Does anyone find it slightly weird that we have to "seek approval" or is just me? Feels a little like going to the principal's office... :)

    May you be knocked up in a jiffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Saffy! It is wierd that we need permission. I guess we could do it without, but better safe than sorry. I feel like a "rebel" bc we're starting a few weeks before my next apt... haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I've just read your post about actually BEING pregnant, I can say that European vacations seem to cause pregnancy. :) (Our baby may as well have a small stamp that says "made in Spain" on her little heel.)

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete