Tuesday, April 13, 2010

www.annie&babywillbefine-guaranteed.com

These past several weeks, I've been seeking out every source I can possibly find on Type 1 Diabetes and pregnancy, trying to soak up as much information as I can. But I'm realizing that I what I’m looking for is not necessarily all the details of the pregnancy process; what I’m looking for is an iron-clad, binding document that says, Annie's pregnancy is going be fine and the baby will be 100% healthy-guaranteed.

While I'm beyond thrilled each time I read about a healthy baby being delivered to a type 1 mom with relatively few complications, in all honesty, I just keep hoping that something I read will tell me that a healthy pregnancy is not just possible, but that it is guaranteed. I know that's ridiculous, and that even without diabetes, there are plenty of things that can go wrong. I just want some kind of a sign that everything is going to be OK. I know that sign isn't out there, because there is no guarantee, and even if I do everything right, there is still a chance that something could go wrong.

So for now, I’m going to take my great A1C and my hard work as the signs pointing me toward a healthy pregnancy, and will keep doing everything I can on my end to set myself and my baby up for the best possible outcome.

4 comments:

  1. I think that's really all anyone can do. Even moms who aren't high-risk have to work at taking care of their kids and things can still go wrong (and right!). Just do your best in your circumstances, there's really no way to know! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog.

    Allison's right - you can certainly prepare your body the best you can and work with your medical team to give baby the best of odds, but there are no guarantees. Gosh that might sound negative - it's not meant to be.

    It sounds like you're on the right path - you're planning ahead, which although isn't a money-back-guarantee certainly gives you a huge head start.

    All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog! I'm in the exact same boat as you and your husband! There is a FANTASTIC blog called www.sixuntilme.com and the woman whose blog it is a type 1 diabetic and recently had her first baby! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie. There's no guarantee with any pregnancy (or with anything, actually), but I gave birth to my daughter two weeks ago and despite some health issues that I experienced, my baby is healthy. She's strong. She's completely and excellently awesome. :)

    I think the ends, without fail, justify the means. When they place your baby in your arms, you will see that every worry, every stress, and every moment of preparation was worth it.

    If there is anything I can do, or any questions that I can answer for you, please let me know!!

    - Kerri.

    ReplyDelete