Thursday, July 22, 2010

ACT1 Blogging and My 13th Diaversary

I am very excited to announce that I'll be adding my voice to the ACT1 blog each Thursday.  My first post is up, and talks about this year being my first time recognizing my diaversary, despite that fact that I've had diabetes for 13 years.

ACT1 is a group of Type 1 diabetics who see a lack of service geared towards adults with Type 1 Diabetes. Through support group meetings, partnerships, volunteerism and advocacy ACT1 strives to attend to the most vulnerable populations within the community with the understanding that all diabetics are equally deserving of quality care.

I have been attending the ACT1 support group for young women for about six months now, and it has made a huge impact on how I feel about my life with diabetes.  I had never been close to any other type 1's before, especially not anywhere other than online, so I felt truly at home the first time I walked into one of these meetings.  It's a wonderful group of women that I feel lucky to have in my life!

Make sure to check out the other bloggers on the site - there's a great variety of bloggers who all share their different points of view on life with diabetes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Amy from DM. I'm really intrigued by ACT1! The lack of support and services for adults with Type 1 is a big passion of mine. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is Erin from DM! I love this about the internets- that we can connect with different people and groups and learn about the different communities out there for diabetics! It is so easy to feel so alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just found your blog from DM - I can't wait to go through and read more! I have one too... www.thebigdandleslie.blogspot.com I look forward to following your journey! Hopefully I'll be right behind you in the preggers dept! Leslie

    ReplyDelete