Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sick as a dog, happy as a clam

The past two days have brought on major "morning" sickness – I’ve only been able to keep about a third of my meals down, and I feel queasy all day and night. Last week, I was feeling nauseous as well, although not really getting sick to my stomach, so it seems that things are moving forward. If I weren’t so thrilled that I’m showing some signs of a healthy pregnancy, I’d be miserable!

The first time I got sick I went to tell my husband, and I couldn’t help but break out in a huge smile. It was a bizarre reaction, I know, but right now I’m clinging to any sign that Baby B. is ok in there. It’s been an excruciatingly long wait since my last ultrasound, but now I only have to get through one more full day before I hopefully get some good news on Thursday.

So, for now, I’ll keep getting excited every time I’m sick, which by the looks of it, means I’ll have a lot of excitement in the next couple of days! :)

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! I've been lucky enough not to actually get sick but food and I were NOT friends for a while there. And it's never felt so good to feel so crappy! ;-)

    Good luck with your ultrasound!

    ~Layne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the ultrasound today!

    I had all day nausea, and while I did not like it, it was somehow reassuring...

    ReplyDelete