Thursday, July 8, 2010

New A1C results are in!

My endo apt. got moved up a week so I went this morning to have my A1C tested, and it came back at 5.7! I was so excited I could hardly stand it. A year ago I never even knew under 6 was possible. While the number is great, my endo said he’d rather have it hover closer to 6 if that means going low less often, so we’ll see how I do with that in the next few months, but for now, I’m ecstatic. It’s nice to know that all of the testing I’ve been doing hasn’t been in vain. It’s hard to explain why there is so much emotion that comes with this one test result, but I’ve felt my fair share of guilt after “bad” readings, so I’m not holding back the excitement for a “good” result!

I also absolutely love going to the Naomi Diabetes Center—it is such a welcome change from other practices I’ve been to before. Everything is clean, fairly high tech (on-site A1C testing rates high with me), and the staff and docs are all wonderful, understanding, and seem to truly care about the patients. My endo even asked how work is going and how my husband is doing, which caught me a bit off guard—my first thought was, why do you care? Then I realized he was just taking an interest in me as a person with diabetes, and not just as a diabetic. What a refreshing change!

5 comments:

  1. That, my dear, is sensational!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wonderful news!! 5.7 is absolutely amazing! Glad all your hard work has payed off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want! You're sooo lucky! And I'm pleased you are getting the truly wonderful care you deserve :) That's awesome. That's how it should be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! That's amazing. I want mine to go under 6 so, SO bad! I've hovered in the mid-low 6's for years and my last several A1Cs before pregnancy were 6.1, 6.2, 6.1, But I REALLY would love to see a number that starts with a 5. It would feel like such as accomplishment!

    Savor it girl! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news. So glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete